Corunna Public Schools is looking for full-time EDUStaff custodians. We are looking to hire only the best.
The employee shall have such knowledge, skills and abilities as may be required to successfully carry out the responsibilities of the job.
JOB / DISTRICT / COMMUNITY HIGHLIGHTS
Corunna Public Schools is looking for the best full-time EDUStaff custodians available.
Our district is known for offering quality education in a small-town environment with the amenities of a larger community (our district buildings are five minutes away from Applebee’s, Culver’s, Meijer, Walmart, etc.).
We are a class “B” school (around 130 students per grade level) with a reputation for higher standards; as a result, nearly 40% of our students are school of choice. We have the only inclusive preschool in the county. Our school is the community “hub” and Homecoming is still a big deal in our small town, which is the county seat. We have high-achieving athletic teams, and award-winning extra-curricular programs.
Our community is incredibly supportive of our district as well. Despite having nearly 40% of students coming to us via school of choice, our constituents passed a nearly $17 million bond a few years ago to upgrade our buildings. We also were recently fortunate to have earned a $123,000 Michigan State Police competitive grant to upgrade security features in our buildings.
High school diploma
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The custodian is directly responsible to the building principal and building and grounds supervisor, and has the overall responsibility for the cleanliness, safety and security within the assigned building.
1. Sweep all rooms and hallways daily.
2. Clean marker boards in assigned rooms when needed.
3. Empty wastebaskets in all assigned rooms.
4. All carpeted rooms are to be vacuumed daily.
5. Dust window ledges, door louvers and furniture in assigned classrooms and hallways.
6. Mop and wax floors according to the schedule established.
7. Clean drinking fountains each day.
8. Clean assigned restrooms. This will include cleaning all porcelain fixtures and sanitizing the restroom floor.
9. Perform other duties as assigned by building and grounds supervisor
This position(s) will begin asap.
Per Master Agreement
For full consideration of your candidacy, please complete the entire online application on the Shiawassee County RESD website http://www.sresd.org/District/... by the deadline listed. In addition, upload your letter of interest, resume, transcripts, and any supporting documentation. Or, you may hand-deliver and/or mail the above materials to:
Corunna Public Schools
c/0 Superintendent John P. Fattal
124 N. Shiawassee Street
Corunna, MI 48817