I feel it is our responsibility to honor and treasure our past and recognize the accomplishments and contributions of our graduates. After all, Corunna has had graduates for more than 100 years! As a result, we want to continue the process of thanking them for their accomplishments as they share our Cavalier Spirit literally around the world. Consider it our way to “pay it forward”.
It is with that thought in mind that we will continue to annually recognize a past Corunna High School graduate with our “Distinguished Alumni Award”. To be eligible for this award the recipient must:
- Be a graduate (10 or more years ago) of Corunna High School
- Have significant career achievements, dedication, and commitment demonstrated within his or her profession
- Demonstrate continual positive character
- Demonstrate outstanding community service and leadership.
- Have earned honors or awards.
- Demonstrate in daily life the importance of adhering to and modeling positive values
We ask that you take 5 minutes and nominate someone for this prestigious award. After you nominate someone, please help spread the word about the award so we can continue to link the past with our present (and future) Cavaliers.
A committee will review the nominations and determine this year’s honoree. All nominations will be carried over to the following year. The senior class will invite the selected recipient to address this year’s seniors with a brief motivational address at graduation.
Nominations should be received no later than the first Monday in April. Click here for the nomination form:
If you would like a paper copy, please call Central Office (989) 743-6338, and we’ll make arrangements for you to get one.
Superintendent John P. Fattal